Re: wget, apache and spam

Jon Dowland wrote:
> sethurf wrote:
>
>> Would you have any solution for me ? I don't know what to do... Maybe
>> there is a big big bug/fault in a hosted file for a hosted website.
>>

> Yes, one of the sites you are hosting has a problem which is allowing a
> third party to run arbitrary commands on your server as the apache user.
>
> It will be a site which has access to scripting functionality: either
> via ExecCGI or a scripting language such as PHP if enabled.
>
> Check the log lines for the time around when the wget lines appear in
> your error log. That may help to narrow down which script or site is
> being exploited.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Indeed, all hosted websites use PHP and suexec (for execCGI) is enables
and not installed.

I did take a look in apache's log but nothing seems strange during the
"wget" using. (before and after). Is it possible that the problem comes
from an exploited form on a website or for mysql (I do not know how...)
?  Is there a way or a software to find from where files are put in /tmp ?