Re: Google repositories

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:19:42 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

> On 20100412_153139, Christopher Judd wrote:

>> I thought that I had previously installed GoogleEarth (quite a while
>> ago) from the repository on Google's site, but I may have been
>> confusing it with Picasa, I might have used googleearth-package to
>> generate the .deb.  I'll give that a try.
>>

> In re. the googleearth-package. It is not googleearth; it is a
> downloader for googleearth that installs it in a Debianly-Correct way. I
> like the convenience, but if Google repository is down or moved, the
> package has little chance of working successfully.

Ah, that has more sense.

Let's see what's inside the script.

(...)

There is a download URL variable poiting to:

http://dl.google.com/earth/client/current/GoogleEarthLinux.bin

Which works.

But the script also allows the user to point to a local file (using
modifier "--file") as a fallback option, I guess. Nice :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón