Re: cannot type power of 1 or 2, 4-9 are typeable.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:05:57 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides the tip Cameron provided, I add another one (only for GNOME):

Actually, this is a GTK+ method (based on ISO 14755), and it's what I
use on my XFCE system.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_input#Hex_input

> - Press Control-R and then press Shift-R (keep those pressed at the same
> time)

I think that this will work with either left or right Control and Shift
(at least, it does on my system).

> - Now press "u" and release the three keys (it will appear an underline
> "u" in the screen)
> - Then type "00b2" and press Enter
>
> That will render into "²" :-)

I think that one can also keep holding down Control and Shift while
typing the numbers, and then releasing them.  When doing this, pressing
enter isn't required.  Your way may be easier, though.

> There is a small list of secuences in this page:
>
> http://www.hermit.org/Linux/ComposeKeys.html
>
> And a full one:
>
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/a.htm

Useful, thanks.