Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Dotan Cohen wrote:

I run Ubuntu and regularly read the Debian list, so maybe I can answer.

That's my situation as well.

If I need to know where is the menus Firefox is, or how to change my
wallpaper, the Ubuntu list is fine. But nobody there understands
_anything_ about the OS. That is fine, the target audience of Ubuntu
is not technical users. The barrier to entry is very low. My
74-year-old mother in law uses Kubuntu.

While what you say is true to an extent, there are a number of members of the Ubuntu list who are quite sharp. The Debian list on the whole is more informative.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279