Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 09:46:45AM -0400, Stephen Powell uttered:
> You're welcome to search our archives.  But don't post here unless you
> run Debian, want to know how your system works, and are willing to help
> others as well as yourself.  I'm not trying to be unkind.  I have nothing
> against you personally.  But it is not fair for you to run another OS and
> then come over here asking for free help.  This is not a forum for users
> of all 250+ Debian-derived distributions.  This is a *Debian* forum.
> Period.

+1 Agreed, said far better than I could have stated. I've been seeing the
"sudo" approach come up in answers more frequently; which is usually the
giveaway.