Re: CUPS broadcasting print queue availability

On 2010-04-03 18:39, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri,02.Apr.10, 21:10:27, Ron Johnson wrote:

I did this once a *long* time ago, but don't remember how.  Also,
I've read the (seemingly relevant sections of the sorely lacking)
CUPS SAM, and Googled around to no avail.
Yeah, same here a month or so ago...

My server has a print queue that looks like this:
$ lpstat -v
device for Dell_3100cn: socket://
device for Dell_3100cn@haggis: socket://
device for PDF: cups-pdf:/

The server's /etc/cups/cupsd.conf looks like:
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseLocalProtocols CUPS dnssd
DefaultAuthType Basic

If I recall correctly the final "touch" to get it working was to add:

Port 631

That got me an "Address already in use" error.

(unfortunately the only machine where I could check this is shut down for the easter and I didn't make any notes, *again*)

<Location />
  Allow from 192.168.1.*
  Order allow,deny

Shouldn't those two be in reverse order?

Possibly, but there seems to be some other error.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower