Re: Fresh Debian Install w/o Exim?

On Sunday 28 March 2010 15:24:30 Celejar wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:59:39 -0300
>
> Rogerio Luz Coelho <rogluz.news@gmail.com> wrote:
> > exim4 is a MTA , xmail is also MTA , the system alows only one MTA , so
> > aptitude resolves this conflict by purging exim4
>
> You're missing the point - I know that your aptitude command will
> *remove* exim4, but it won't *purge* it.

I use Nullmailer, and it removes several dependencies of Exim4, not just Exim4
itself.  There are probably some config files somewhere that are not removed,
but I have an 80GB disk which currently contains only the BR and /, no data,
so I am not heartbroken.

I am not doing it to clear space, but to stop boot up getting slowed down by
Exim4.  Others' no doubt have other motivations.  So I agree with you,
Celejar,  that Exim is probably not purged - I don't mind, so I haven't
actually checked!

Lisi