Re: VLC stalls from time to time when listening through MMS (protocol)

Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:47:21 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> I sometimes listen to an MMS flux with VLC 0.8.6h w. wxWidgets
>> interface. Everything goes fine during a given amount of time (which can
>> be ~5 hours), and I then hear nothing from my speakers. I then press the
>> `Stop' button in VLC's GUI, and it then shows me
>>
>> `Unable to open 'mms://216.155.136.196:80/powerhi?MSWMExt=.asf''
>>
>> Okay, I then press `Play' and it works just as before. Why?
>>

> Hard to tell.
>
> Maybe a network connection glitch that makes the player to stop buffering
> the streamed data and leaves the application in a "hold/waiting" state.
>
> Does it happen regardless the media player or the source URL?
>
> I mean, have you tested with another player and/or with another media
> source to check if it also happens the same way? :-
It actually seems to happen preferentially with PowerHitz. My network
connection is really stable, however. I tested with Totem, but my Totem
hangs for other reasons, whatever the media.

Maybe somebody could test PowerHitz?

Thanks,

--
Merciadri Luca