Re: Intel Core i5 integrated graphics

Johan Kullstam put forth on 3/27/2010 1:31 PM:
> Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> writes:
>
>> Johan Kullstam put forth on 3/27/2010 9:14 AM:
>>
>>> Pretty much all motherboards come with realtek ethernet.  It's well
>>> night impossible to avoid.
>>
>> That statement is absolutely false.  There are plenty of mobos on the market
>> with Broadcom, Intel, Marvell, nVidia, Via, and other ethernet on board.
>>
>> If you'd have said "Pretty much all _cheap_ motherboards come with Realtek
>> ethernet" I'd be more inclined to agree with you.  However, I've seen a $55
>> ($40 after rebate) ECS board on Newegg with Broadcom ethernet on board, so
>> not even all cheap boards use Realtek ethernet chips, although _most_ do.
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135246
>>
>> Hitting $75 USD and climbing up from there you'll see many more boards with
>> non Realtek ethernet.
>
> Thanks.  I just wish that newegg would put "ethernet" with "realtek" as
> a powersearch field so I could more easily reject the crabcard.

I was thinking the exact same thing a couple of hours ago (and at other
times in the past).  Advanced/power search by ethernet chip type, sata chip
type, etc seems logical.  It currently lets you search by onboard video
chipset, northbridge, socket and CPU type for Pete's sake.  It outta let you
search by all chip types on the board.  There are only a handful of ether
chips soldered to mobos these days.  They list over 3 dozen video chips.
It's not like they're lacking room to list the ether chips...

I'll see if I can put in some kinda request.

--
Stan