Re: NIS user member of plugdev, gnome-mount of flash drive raises error [SOLVED]

On 3/25/2010 6:18 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 25.03.2010 23:38, schrieb Joseph Lenox:
I tried the pam_group approach, and id says the user is in the plugdev
group, but I'm still getting a permissions error from DBus. Adding the exact
user to the plugdev group on the local machine worked as far as the mounter.

You might try using at_console and consolekit.

I tried installing policykit and using that, got identical errors as without (Dbus access error). After a lot of fiddling, I finally modified the hal configuration in dbus to allow those interfaces to all users (copy/paste'd the relevant lines from the plugdev entry).

My immediate problem is handled (users stop bugging me about it) while I try to figure out a more permanent solution for these machines.

--Joseph Lenox