Re: NIS user member of plugdev, gnome-mount of flash drive raises error [SOLVED]

On 27.03.2010 08:17, Joseph Lenox wrote:
> On 3/25/2010 6:18 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
>>
>> You might try using at_console and consolekit.
>>

> I tried installing policykit and using that, got identical errors as
> without (Dbus access error).

How exactly do you users login and start their X session?
gdm, kdm, XDMCP anything else?

If the user is logged in, does he have an *active* ConsoleKit session?
Check the output of ck-list-session.

 After a lot of fiddling, I finally modified
> the hal configuration in dbus to allow those interfaces to all users
> (copy/paste'd the relevant lines from the plugdev entry).

Opening up the hal configuration completely is dangerous so I strongly recommend
against that. Try to find out, why consolekit is not working as expected.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?