Re: Squeeze Gnome Preferences >> Removable Drives and Media

On 20100326_214159, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:28:40 -0400 (EDT), Paul E Condon wrote:
> >
> > Was gvm ever involved in checking the number of times a volume has been mounted
> > and running e2fsck as needed? What software is now (in squeeze) responsible for
> > doing this check?
>
> No, that is a property of the file system itself.

I think that the fs does the incrementing of the count. But when the limit is
reached, how is the execution of fsck started? What software does that? From
what running daemon is the job spawned? I have several HD for which limit is
set at under 30 but the actual count is over 50. How does that happen?

I didn't do anything to force this situation. I just plugged and played.
I'm suggesting that maybe there is a flaw in the design. Maybe something
was left out of consideration --- maybe.

OTOH, maybe I'm just unaware of some fact that is well known to the experts.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net