Re: No startup of daemon at installation

Markus Meyer schreef:
Hi all,

I'm building a server package for myself and I don't want it to start at
installation. I could use an /etc/default/servicename file with
something like START_SERVICE=no. But I want this service to start at
boot time. So I'm forced to edit the default file after the
installation. Is there another way?
So you don't want the daemon to be started straight away but it should start when you reboot? Why? What do you want to accomplish? Note that you can always stop a daemon by running /etc/init.d/servicename stop.

Sjoerd