Re: No startup of daemon at installation

Sjoerd Hardeman schrieb:
> So you don't want the daemon to be started straight away but it should
> start when you reboot? Why? What do you want to accomplish?

I don't want the service to start at installation time only. It seems
that as soon as there is a Init-script in the package, dpkg seems to
start the service.  So I'm looking for a way, to tell dpkg/apt/aptitude
not to start the daemon during installation.

As to why? The installation goes together with a firmware upgrade of a
RAID-controller and this needs a reboot afterwards. And the daemon must
not start only to be shut down again after a few seconds when I reboot
the server.

> Note that you can always stop a daemon by running
> /etc/init.d/servicename stop.

I know, thanks.

Cheers, Markus