Re: Transferring files over SSH in the console

>> How so? With scp I can send file to the machine that I'm remotely
>> connected to?
>
> Of course.  It's a *copy* program.

For copying to a remote machine. But once I have a shell on that
machine open in my terminal, I'm not able to send commands to my local
machine in that terminal.

>> So there, no shell. I need a shell.
>>

> You wanted "put", I give you "put".

No, I already have "put" with sftp. But I want "put" and "which". Am I
really the first person in forty years of Unix history who needs to
both run commands and to transfer files to a remote machine?

>> scp is for putting files, not for getting files.
>>

> That's just *not* true.  It doesn't care whether the source or destination
> are remote or local.

You're right! Thanks. It's logical, but I never used it that way
(never had a need and never saw a a mention of it).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com