Re: gnash vs. flash

>> I now understand that there are negative connotations with the word
>> "zealot". I did not mean it in a negative way at all. Mockery is
>> flattery, and it gives stage to the idea. I wouldn't want Debian to
>> change it's stance on the issue at all.
>>

> There are negative connotations for a good reason:
>
> http://www.yourdictionary.com/zealot
>
> zealot definition
> zealot (zel′ət)
> noun
> a person who is zealous, esp. to an extreme degree; fanatic
>
> among the ancient Jews, a member of a radical political and religious
> sect that openly resisted Roman rule in Palestine

Is Debian not openly resisting the legal yet anti-civilian wrath of
those who would rule us, our software, and our rights to use our
hardware as we see fit? In retrospect, zealot in this case is in fact
a compliment!

> Etymology: LL(Ec) zelotes, one who is jealous < Gr zēlōtēs, zealous follower < zēloun, to be zealous < zēlos, zeal
> Related Forms:
> zealotry zeal′·otry noun

Is "zeal" a negative word as well? Googling it I see only positive connotations.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.