Re: Even More Grub & UUID

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 08:42:59PM +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:19:26 -0700
> Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Freeman,
>
> > grub-common is a listed as a dependency of legacy. And common installs,
> > among others, these files:
>
> So it is;  I didn't check.
>
> > |/etc
> > |/etc/grub.d
> > |/etc/grub.d/00_header
> > |/etc/grub.d/30_os-prober
> > |/etc/grub.d/10_linux
> > |/etc/grub.d/README
> > |/etc/grub.d/40_custom
> > I believe those files generate the /boot/grub/grub.cfg when
> > "grup-update" is run.
>
> Doesn't really make sense tat grub-common installs that (to me).  All
> that stuff is used by grub2, not grub-legacy.

That is my feeling.

Turns out I just needed my error(s) pointed out to me, as usual. But it
would have been a much less distracting deal had a grub.cfg not been saying
"what am I doing in /boot/grub?" at 1:00 am.  :-)  Seems to just sit there.

Although there is a memory test on my menu.lst now.  I don't remember
putting that there.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman