Re: Even More Grub & UUID

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:19:26 -0700
Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:

Hello Freeman,

> grub-common is a listed as a dependency of legacy. And common installs,
> among others, these files:

So it is;  I didn't check.

> |/etc
> |/etc/grub.d
> |/etc/grub.d/00_header
> |/etc/grub.d/30_os-prober
> |/etc/grub.d/10_linux
> |/etc/grub.d/README
> |/etc/grub.d/40_custom
> I believe those files generate the /boot/grub/grub.cfg when
> "grup-update" is run.

Doesn't really make sense tat grub-common installs that (to me).  All
that stuff is used by grub2, not grub-legacy.

> My real question, where could grub-update be getting that wrong UUID
> from?

TBH, I don't know.  Here, update-grub is simply a 60 byte script that
calls grub-mkconfig, but that's grub2.

--
 Regards  _

No guarantee the stimuli must be perceived the same...
Gary Gilmore's Eyes - The Adverts