Change Useradd Behavior

I would like to know if it's possible when creating a new user with
the '/usr/sbin/useradd' script to set the users home directory
permissions to 700 rather than the Debian default of 755? I don't
understand why Debian does this not do I really care to debate it but
I don't like users being able to browse each others directories and
would like it to be '700' like it is in most other distributions. Is
it possible to modify this without doing something drastic?

I checked /etc/default/useradd but couldn't find anything there for
default home permissions.