Re: Change Useradd Behavior

Carlos,
  If you set the default umask in /etc/login.defs , "useradd" will obey this
when creating home directories. Try setting "UMASK 077" in /etc/login.defs .
Alternately, you can user the higher level "adduser" tool, which has it's
own configuration setting for world-readable home directories
(dpkg-reconfigure -plow adduser).

  Cheers,
    Tyler