Re: udev: same serial on different disks

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:55:35 +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:

> thanks, sorry I think we don't understand each other... I know how can I
> determine labels, I would like to make some elegant way for user
> plug USB disk, and udev catch that event, send an email for me which
> contains serial
> part of disk. I think I can do that just udev calls a script which read
> the label...

Yes. This can be achieved with "$env{ID_FS_LABEL}" variable used by
"udev" (I've had to search for this :-P):

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev

That way you can forget about the serial number of the disks being
detected the same as the devices/partitions will be identified by their
label :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón