Re: hp laserjet 1200 repeated ... (part 2)

On 2010-03-14 22:28, Mitchell Laks wrote:
[snip]

I will also check to  see if it is a problem caused by
rebooting, Dad keeps rebooting his machine, while I do not reboot nor at work.

Presumably you've tried simply bouncing the cups daemon with:
/etc/init.d/cups restart

You could also do something mind-blowingly crude like adding code to /etc/rc.local to reinstall the packages(s) at (for your father) boot-time or (for your work PC) to root's crontab at 3AM.

That might work around the problem long enough to hear something from the hplip or cups people.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka