Re: Wireless support

On 2010-03-14 18:04, Jacob Tennant wrote:
I have not used Debian in over 10 years so please excuse my newbie type qestions... Does Debian have driver support for the Braodcom 4311 chips in laptops wireless cards?

According to Google (linux broadcom 4311), the relevant driver was
added to the kernel as of v2.6.17-rc2.

I am tryng to setup a server type system for amateur radio using Xastir and tired of fighting with all of the GUI stuff, just need a bare-bone linux system as this is all that this computer is ever going to do till it dies.

What fighting?  Network configuration?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka