Re: How to know if USB device has driver properly installed?

>> Yes, we installed the Linux modules on the devices as instructed on
>> that page, but when connecting them to the Linux box there are no
>> '/dev/usb/tts/0' or '/dev/ttyusb0'.
>
> And you , of course, modprobe'd them?

No :) I've never had to install drivers before, everything has "just
worked" with my hardware since I've started using Debian and
Debian-derived distros in 2005. I've heard of modprobing, but never
done it.

Now I have what to google. If there are any other terms I should be
familiar with for this project, I would appreciate if someone would
assume that I am a complete noob and mention them. I'll do the work of
RTFM and STFW, but I need to know what to read about!

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com