Re: Installer problem - security.debian.org, signature problem (temporary)?

On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 12:31 -0600, Chance Platt wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:

> >> Here's the juice on that bug:
> >>
> >> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=549880
> >

> The bugtracker link I sent states that a time in the past on the host
> seems to cause this installer issue - maybe Richard's VirtualBox somehow
> has whack host time?

I'm pretty sure that's not it in my case - the ordinary sources are
fine, and so is the alternative security mirror I used - and I think the
installer has already run rdate by then. I think it was a genuine
problem with security.debian.org.

When I reset the sources.list now, aptitude update runs fine - it didn't
earlier. Then when I reinstall, that runs fine too. I think it must have
been a temporary problem - maybe someone else noticed that?

That leaves the fact that it would be nice for the installer to detect
that situation, and let me resolve it somehow.

Having security updates on all the official mirrors might be nice too.

Richard