Re: /boot partition changes when it should not

On 2010-03-10 18:58, Clive McBarton wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
# dumpe2fs -h /dev/sda2 | grep time
dumpe2fs 1.41.10 (10-Feb-2009)
Last mount time:          Sat Feb 13 08:39:01 2010
Last write time:          Sat Feb 13 08:39:01 2010

Great command. Good to know it.

I used that and found out that the last mount & last write time are
indeed the time I booted (actually 15 minutes later, surprisingly
enough). So indeed something behaves badly during boot, or shortly
thereafter.

Note that "Last write time:" might not mean what you think it does. I say that because on my system /dev/sda2 is / and I've written a whole bunch of data to it in the past 25.5 days, yet the LWT still matches the LMT.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka