Re: /boot partition changes when it should not

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:24:48 -0500 (EST), Clive McBarton wrote:
> Cameron Hutchison wrote:
>> If it were me trying to diagnose this, I would be diffing the images
>> that should be the same and seeing where they are different.
>
> OK. I tried that. Unfortunately more rebooting did not produce any new
> change in the boot partition. :(
>
> Things get even more mysterious. Not that I mind it not changing, but
> now I can't find out why it did change previously.

Actually, that could be an important clue.  Perhaps the "last mount date"
is what is being updated.  And since both mounts were on the same day,
the date did not change.  But if you reboot tomorrow ...

I don't know if that's it, of course.  It's just a theory at this point.
The trouble with diagnosing something like that is that you can only
run one test per day (unless you mess with the system clock).

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :