Re: editing grub in lenny to boot from ext4 partition

Umarzuki Mochlis schreef:
Assuming Debian Lenny's installer will detect a Ubuntu 10.04 (daily build) partition in my PC (debian = /dev/sda1, ubuntu = /dev/sda3), i installed Lenny on sda1 but Ubuntu entry does not show up on GRUB.
# grub-install -v
grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97)

so i proceed to edit grub taking example from Ubuntu's grub.cfg like below

but i can't boot that partition, where did i go wrong or Lenny's version of GRUB cannot boot from ext4 partition?
I thought grub1 does not boot from ext4. Anyway, grub2 does, so installing grub2 should solve your issues.

Sjoerd
PS. Make sure you have a rescue cd when installing new bootloaders. An error is all too easily made (either by you, the installer or whatever else) and usually results in an unbootable system.