TIA is ... (was Re: MySQL upgrade failed PLEASE HELP!!!)

On 2010-03-06 16:35, Stephen Powell wrote:
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:22:01 -0500 (EST), Oscar Corte wrote:
[snip]

Thanks in advance for any advice

I'm not sure that this is the time or the place for this,
but I have to admit it irritates me when people say "Thanks in
advance."  It irritates me primarily because it appears to be
an excuse for not saying "thank you" later if someone really does
help you.  Saying "thanks" afterward shows gratefulness.  Saying
"thanks" in advance seems somewhat presumptuous to me.

L-O-N-G (archaeo-, even) longstanding netiquette.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka