Re: Can't Zap X (Option "DontZap" "off")

* John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> [100306 14:07]:
> I'd like to be able to use Ctrl-Alt-BS to kill X, but can't get it to
> work. I searched around and tried a bunch of things:
> [ ... bunch of things ... ]

Finally found something that works, this line in ~/.xmodmap :

    keycode 22 = BackSpace Terminate_Server

Now Ctrl-Alt-BS will Zap X. And it is this alone that does it -- I
undid all the other afore-mentioned bunch of things.

Not sure I entirely understand the above keycode command ... I would
think it means 'Shift-BS', but 'Shift-BS' has no effect. I got the
clue from http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=602885#p602885
which suggested:

    keycode 22 = BackSpace BackSpace Terminate_Server

But that has no effect, had to remove one 'BackSpace' from that line.

In any case, setting 'Zap' in xmodmap with 'Terminate_Server' seems to
make more sense, as it allows the user to set a key combo that suits
them best (ie, least likely to be hit by accident).

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact