Re: aumix not working

On Saturday 06 March 2010 10:55:52 am MList wrote:
> In freshly installed lenny form DVD set I am not able to use aumix to
> change sound volume.
>
> When I run the command
> $ aumix
> screen is cleared and this error is printed:
> aumix:  error opening mixer: Success
>
> Same thing happens when running aumix as root.
> I am using mplayer to listen mp3 music and then I can change
> volume of the sound with '9' and '0' keys.
>
> Why is aumix failing and how can I fix it?
>
> Martin

Aumix fails because it can not find the mixer, Aumix per say is not failing. Make
sure all the sound modules for your sound card, esp mixer, are installed. It is
possible for all the sound modules to be installed and the mixer not working, it
happen recently here with a working Lenny system. I went into the bios and checked
my on board sound settings, I have an add in card. Checking the settings,
disabling on board card, rebooting fixed the issue, no reason why though.

--
Peace

Greg Madden