Re: wrong resolution with ATI and open source drivers

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
>It's complaining about a missing "Device" record in the Screen section.
>The primary purpose of the Screen section is to join a Monitor section
>and a Device section in Holy Matrimony.  You've got a bride defined here
>(the Monitor record) but no groom (missing Device record).  At a minimum,
>you need to define the groom.Add a record such as
>
>   Device     "Configured Video Device"
>
> after the Identifier record and before the Monitor record.  There may be
> other things you need to do, but let's start there.

New Screen section looks like:
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Same results. xorg won't start and I get the Fatal server error.

PS: Sorry for the wrong reply ;)