Re: Squeeze Frozen, NOT

On Tue,02.Mar.10, 11:15:19, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,01.Mar.10, 17:46:11, Stephen Powell wrote:
>
> > Since the resources are fixed at $0 (donated free labor) and the time
> > interval is fixed at one year, the release goals go out the window.
> > You just can't eat your cake and have it too.
>
> I don't think this is a fair comparison. Yes, it is free donated labor,
> but it doesn't mean that it's worth $0!

Hmm, I think I misunderstood your original comment, let me retry:

With the same amount of resources (the same number of DDs), but less
time of course you have to cut somewhere. One possibility would be
reducing the amount of new features, as in not package the absolutely
latest version of softwares, but focus on versions that are already
known to be stable.

It seems though that the lenny -> squeeze migration will not be the
easiest as there are several major changes that you just can't avoid
(ex. KDE3 -> KDE4) and probably this is why the freeze date has been
postponed.

What I'm trying to say is that, yes it seems like the Release Team is
pushing a bit to *freeze* as soon as possible, but I do trust them to
not release squeeze until ready.

Regards,
Andrei