Recovered!! (Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:01:44PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Or, just use "sudo dpkg -i old-package.deb" (maybe in chroot).
>
> Please read "Chapter 2. Debian package management"
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_rescue_with_the_dpkg_command

(Belatedly) that is good info about dpkg working well in emergencies because
it is low level and can be used from rescue disk to a target system.  I will
probably use that lesson someday.  8O

But I've got the apt-cacher system going now so I know what I have archived,
downloaded once to storage, without bloating my /var partition.  Disk space
can come in handy. :)

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman