Re: Two Lenny problems

John,
I have been installing Debian with multiple primary partitions since
Buzz.
It was never a question of Debian creating more than one primary partition. I've known that since Potato.

Besides that, how would the partitions beyond 23 be addressed by any
... Linux machine,

Partitions are numbered.
Cool.  But how are the mount points handled with that many partitions?

You confound partitions and drives.  A partition is a subdivision of a
drive.
No, I am fully aware of the difference, have been for years, just getting off on the thought of having that many drives in one box, and the news that Linux can address 63 partitions. I haven't seen any MB's with that many controllers but the future is not here yet. 63! I may just have to try the HD in the Dimension 8400 in the Fujitsu machine I have to see if Lenny will configure all its components, including the on-board sound chip. If it works, I would be tempted to put Lenny on the 1.5TB drive instead of the 160GB drive it is on now.