Re: Fresh Debian Install w/o Exim?

Carlos Williams wrote:
[...]
Sadly it leaves all this on my freshly installed system and who knows
what else locate didn't actually find:

It's most probably silly, but might an instance of exim still be running? If you haven't rebooted and forgot to stop it before purging, maybe there's some sort of safety mechanism I'm probably imagining that could prevent the remaining files to be wiped immediately.

See it's weird, you only have postrm dpkg hooks (necessary to complete the removal), the run directory, the variable data directory and configuration (necessary for a running instance) as well as init scripts (necessary to stop it). The rest you should remove yourself.

[...]

-thib