Re: perl or bash question ["convert strings in a txt to html links"]

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 09:12, Vadkan Jozsef <jozsi.avadkan@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I do that in bash or perl, that I have a txt file, e.g.:
>
> $cat file.txt
> Hi, this is the content of the txt file, that contains links like this:
> http://www.somewhere.it/, and it could contain: http://somewhere.com,
> etc..
> This is the second line, that doesn't contains links..
> ..
> This is the XYZ line, that contains a link: http://www.somewhere.net
> $
>

> ...ok.. so how could I make a regexp for this?
>
> Turning:
>
> http://website.org
> http://www.website.org
>
> to this:

> The solution would be:
>
> sed 'SOMEMAGIC' file.txt > file.html
> or
> perl 'SOMEBIGMAGIC' file.txt > file.html

You might look at the brand new Bleach python library:
http://coffeeonthekeyboard.com/bleach-html-sanitizer-and-auto-linker-for-django-344/

That post mentions some of the problems of using a pure
regex approach... of course you may know that your text file
will not have any of those problems.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers