Re: GNU .screenrc and scrolling problem

On Friday February 26 2010 9:42:09 am wishi wrote:
> Am 26.02.10 12:20, schrieb Alex Samad:
> > On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:16:57AM +0100, Marius wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm using the xfce4-terminal and GNU screen.
> >> However since ... forever I have stuff in my .screenrc that made
> >> it recently stopped when I switched to Debian and xfce's term:
> >>
> >> defscrollback 5000
> >> termcapinfo xterm|xterms|xs|rxvt ti@:te
> >>
> >> xfce4's terminal settings reflect an xterm. rxvt and other
> >> terminal emulators - when I press pageUP so scroll, simply go back
> >> in my shell history.
> >>
> >> Does anybody have a proper working config for me? Cold help a lot.
> >
> > not sure I undestand, but
> >
> > I use two methods shift-pageup and ctrl-x and then arrows keys, my magic
> > key is ctrl-x not ctrl-a
>
> Well... when I do that I can scroll up, but just within he
> xfce4-terminal, rxvt... buffer.
> That means I leave screen's screen, where the current screen-window's
> text is rolling.

If I understand you correctly, you want some way to easily scroll *inside* of
screen. AFAIK the easiest way to do this is to use the "copy" command, by
default 'ctrl-a ['. I guess that if you want to use pageup to scroll, you
could bind it using the appropriately named "bind" command in your .screenrc
file.

MM