Re: Two Lenny problems

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:57:32 -0500 (EST), Lisi wrote:

> I agree - but I must confess to using Kwrite myself if I have X available.  If
> not, of course, I use Vi/Vim - tho' even there I use Vim if it is
> available. :-(
>
> In Lenny with KDE, running an X application as root can, I think, only be done
> via kdesu and the Launcher.

Another advantage to nano is that it is the editor that is provided
by the Debian Installer when you escape to a shell from within the installer,
such as running the installer in rescue mode to fix an unbootable system.
I forgot to mention that.

I support Linux on many systems that don't have X installed.  Consequently,
even on systems that have X installed I find myself using vi to edit files,
even though gedit is available, because I'm so familiar with vi.
But I digress.