Re: portable Debian

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:45:22AM EST, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Not that I can confirm my USB stick 'portable debian' would work on a
> > wide range of systems. For a number of reasons I was not able to pursue
> > this much further than what is described in my notes, one of them being
> > that I did not have access to a target machine (or machines) and
> > discover possible/probable problems.
>
> A good place to test your system is the local consumer
> electronics store.

Closed a couple of years ago, CompUSA that is.

I still have a Best Buy not too far from me, but I'm not sure they would
be agreeable beyond a quick boot, which would be okay if everything
works, but not ideal if you need to debug the thing. The local library
might be a more comfortable place, but if I told them what I plan to do,
they might get nervous and call the cops or something.

CJ