portable Debian

Hi!!

I want to know if someone have done this before:

I have a external disk, and i install Debian in it from my PC, but when i try to run it from my laptop i just can' t... but i just want to know if somebody have done this and how, should i install it with some especific parameters so it runs from any other machine?? should i change something every time it runs in a diferent machine???

I have google it but i can't find something that tell me how to do it.....

Thanks!!!

--
Germana Oliveira

germanaoliveirab arroba gmail punto com