Re: Newer kernel then 2.6.26-2 fails to restart Intel i7 860 with P55 chipset.

Mike Viau put forth on 2/14/2010 9:06 PM:

> Do you have any tips for creating custom (lean and mean) kernel .configs ? (Just out of curiosity)

I just go through menuconfig and strip out all the junk I know I don't need.
I've not had to do that for a while as my .config seems to automatically when I
download, unzip, and build from a new source.  I.e. all the junk I'd already
stripped out stays stripped out.

> Also did you mean you used the make-kpkg command to build the kernel deb?

Yes, using these instructions:
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html

> I am aware that in more recent vanilla kernels there is a deb-pkg option in the Makefile to make linux-image debs.

I still do it the old way listed above.  Works great for me.

--
Stan