Building kernel image packages with make-kpkg, custom dependency

Hi,

I'm having some problems with building kernel image packages using `make-kpkg`

I'm trying to build a package with a custom dependency and have tried
editing the control files generated by make-kpkg but find that these
changes don't make it into the produced package.

So let me back up and explain what's going on.

I need to distribute a custom kernel-img.conf to my systems (to ensure
they have "silent_modules" set to "yes" which will allow unattended
upgrades of kernels that match the one that is currently installed)
and I'm doing this by including kernel-img.conf in one of my parent
packages. This first version of this package that included this file I
wish to include as a dependency for my distributed kernel image
packages.

While I'm on the topic I had another problem I have solved but if
there's a better way of doing this I'd like to hear it; On my systems
/boot is mounted RO so it must be remounted RW before a kernel can be
installed. I've achieved this by patching the "preinst" generated by
make-kpkg, is there a better way?

It seems I have the solution to my problem but I'm frustrated by
implementation issues.

Thanks for your help!

--
Cliff Flood