Re: Aptitude status output meaning

2010/2/11 John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org>:
> Rémi Moyen writes:
>> aptitude man page is not helpful, I haven't found this in the online
>> doc either... Did I miss a "complete" doc (apart from the code
>> itself!) ?
>

> Package: aptitude-doc-en

If it contains the same thing as, for example,
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ (which
seems to be the case, judging by the list of files of the package --
maybe slightly more updated?), then I'm afraid it doesn't contain, for
example, the information about the line I was mentioning ("[4:3.5.5-1
(stable, stable, now) -> 4:3.5.8-1 (testing, unstable, testing,
unstable)]"). Or did I miss it?

Anyway, I should have check that package, and will do, but I feel it
doesn't contain all the information and does not satisfy my craving
for aptitude knowledge :-)
--
Rémi Moyen