Re: grub2 + serial redirect

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Lev Lvovsky <lists2@sonous.com> wrote:[snip]
> Thanks, I'll give this a shot tonight, if it works, I'm assuming that this is an upstream patch to the update-grub script?

Sorry for wasting your time.  I've retested my original setup both
over a serial cable to a single-board computer and by booting an image
file on my PC with 'kvm -nographic'.   I get the same issue you did:
no Grub menu over serial but shows fine over console.

I'm recompiling grub from the source in Sid with an explicit
'--enable-serial' configure option.  I'll let you know if I turn up
anything worthwhile.