Re: one website gives "address not found" from LAN

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 01:16:13 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Klistvud on 30/01/10 23:48, wrote:
> >Dne, 30. 01. 2010 14:35:12 je Adam Hardy napisal(a):
> >

> >>Hi Folks
> >>thanks for the advice - I do know the website is running fine
> >>out there - I just can't access it from my LAN. From my mobile
> >>phone, fine. But not from my lan.

[...]

> >By the way, it seems the domain name has not defined an alias for
> >"www" so when you query for it, it cannot resolve:
> >
> >sm01@stt008:~$ host www.trade2win.com
> >Host www.trade2win.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

That works for me:

$ host www.trade2win.com
www.trade2win.com       CNAME   panna-229.trade2win.com
panna-229.trade2win.com A       208.43.120.229

> So that could be contributing but I don't know why just my connection is affected.

Try if you can resolve the name using another nameserver, for example:

  host www.trade2win.com 4.2.2.1

If that works then you have a problem with your standard nameserver and
we need to see the contents of your /etc/resolv.conf.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |