Re: one website gives "address not found" from LAN

Klistvud on 30/01/10 23:48, wrote:
Dne, 30. 01. 2010 14:35:12 je Adam Hardy napisal(a):

Hi Folks
thanks for the advice - I do know the website is running fine out there - I just can't access it from my LAN. From my mobile phone, fine. But not from my lan.

You've checked all the usual suspects, right? Iptables, the etc/hosts file, your DNS provider(s), any "nanny" or "anti-phishing" programs running, and so on?

Well I dropped all the rules from iptables and that made no difference.

What would be in /etc/hosts that might cause problems with this one site (I visit 25 or so sites everyday)?

Just got this:

127.0.0.1	localhost isengard.localdomain isengard
192.168.0.2     isengard.localdomain

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Truth be told I can't remember what inspired me to put those IPv6 lines in there but I assume they are beneficial :)

What should I be checking out as far as the DNS provider is concerned?

As for other programs that might affect it, no I don't think there are any.

One of the previous replies mentioned:

By the way, it seems the domain name has not defined an alias for "www" so when you query for it, it cannot resolve:

sm01@stt008:~$ host www.trade2win.com
Host www.trade2win.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

So that could be contributing but I don't know why just my connection is affected.

Regards
Adam

Thanks
Adam