Re: Suspend/Hibernate under Debian

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:53:28 -0500, Celejar wrote:

>> I'm trying to get Suspend/Hibernate works with my Debian Laptop. Please
>> recommend a good article/blog/site for me to follow. . .
>
> YMMV, but in my experience, s2disk "just works", while s2ram has never
> really worked for me.  IIUC, s2disk is much less dependent on
> undocumented, mysterious hardware quirks than s2ram.

Thanks, I managed to successfully

- install uswsusp
- configed /etc/uswsusp.conf
- did update-initramfs -u

and s2disk preserves the system and shuts down fine.

However, on turning on the machine, everything goes back to old routine
and does a normal boot, instead of resuming from my suspension.
What I've missed?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)