Re: webcam in skype ok but not in gimp

Adam Hardy wrote:

> I'm on Linux isengard 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Sat Dec 26 09:01:51 UTC 2009
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> What are the drivers? lsmod doesn't list either.
>

> Adam

Given your first message:
"In skype, the config shows the webcam under devices as "UVC camera
(046d:09a4) (/dev/video0)"

the driver should be "uvcvideo" (your webcam is a Logitech Quickcam E
3500 ?). Also your kernel is a bit old, and 2.6.26 was the first kernel
to include uvcvideo, if you encounter any problem that you think could
be linked to uvcvideo driver maybe you should try a newer one.