Re: two local networks

Adam Hardy:

> If I said:
>
> route add -net 192.168.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 eth0
>
> then all IP addresses from 1 to 255 would be routed, according to man.

True.

> I saw that using the -host option causes the routing table to set up a
> route with the netmask 255.255.255.255 - not quite sure of the
> significance of that though. Is that sensible though?

If you have just this one device with an IP address in 192.168.2.0/24,
then a host route will work. If you have several devices, you could
either go the braindead route (no pun intended) and add a host route for
all of them or use a network route like the one you proposed.

J.
--
If I won the lottery I would keep all the money and wallpaper my house
with it.